Unified License Agreement (Sample)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF COMMUNICATIONS & IT
DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS
SANCHAR BHAWAN, 20, ASHOKA ROAD,
NEW DELHI-110 001, INDIA.
NO. ____________________________ DATED ________
TOTAL PAGES ______________
This Agreement is made on the _______ day of ____________ (month), ___________ (year) between the President of India acting through __________________ (Name & Designation of the Officer), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi –110 001 (Hereinafter called the Licensor) of the FIRST PARTY.
M/s __________________, a company registered under the Companies Act 1956, having its registered office at ______________________________________________ acting through Shri. _______________________, the authorized signatory (hereinafter called the Licensee which expression shall, unless repugnant to the context, include its successor in business, administrators, liquidators and assigns or legal representatives) of the SECOND PARTY.
WHEREAS by virtue of the provisions of Section 4 of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, the Licensor enjoys exclusive privilege to grant License for telecom services and the Licensee has requested the Licensor for grant of Unified License with authorization for providing services under.,Part-IIof theChapterScheduleof the…, …
Unified License in the service areas as mentioned in the Table below. Whereupon and in pursuance to the said request, the Licensor has agreed to grant Unified License with authorization for provision of services as per terms and conditions described in the
Schedule to the Unified License Agreement, Part-I and Chapters.,…,….… ofand … Part-II for services and service areas as detailed below:
Sl. Service Service Area Chapter of the PART-II of No. Schedule
Whereas, Table shown hereinabove is subject to amendment for addition/deletion of services and service areas in the event of grant of any further service authorization or revocation / surrender / termination of any of the service authorized under the license, in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in the schedule to the License.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH AS FOLLOWS:
1. In consideration of the payment of Entry Fee, License Fee and due performance of all the terms and conditions mentioned in the above stated Parts and Chapters of this Unified License on the part of the Licensee, the Licensor does, hereby grant under Section 4 of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885 on a non-exclusive basis, this License to set up and operate the Service(s) in the service areas detailed and described above.
2. This License shall be valid for a period of 20 years from the effective date of this License unless revoked earlier for reasons as specified elsewhere in the document. Validity period for service(s) authorized under any Chapter of Part-II of this Unified License, at a later date, shall be co-terminus with the validity period of this Unified License.
3. The Licensee hereby agrees and unequivocally undertakes to fully comply with all terms and conditions stipulated in this License Agreement and without any deviation or reservations of any kind.
4. Effective Date of this License shall be ……………….
5. This Unified License has been granted on non-exclusive basis and additional Licenses may be issued in any Service Area from time to time in future without any restriction on number of Licensees with same or different entry conditions.
6. The License shall be governed by the provision of Indian Telegraph Act, 1885, Indian Wireless Telegraphy Act, 1933 and Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997 and Information Technology Act, 2000, as modified or replaced from time to time or any other relevant Act.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have caused this Agreement to be executed through their respective authorized representatives on the _________(day) __________(month), ______(year).
Signed for and on behalf of Signed on President of India Behalf of M/s.______________________
(Name and Designation)
DOT, New Delhi authorized signatory and holder of General Power of Attorney dated _______________, executed in accordance with the Resolution No. ________________, dated ______________ passed by the Board of Directors. (Company Seal)
In the presence of:
1. Signature Name Occupation. Address Place.
2. Signature Name Occupation. Address Place.